- Emphasizes safety. Providers choose only the activities that are appropriate for the children in their group, and supervision is a requirement.
- Provides consistency and a predictable routine, which is comforting to children. Children are relaxed and ready to learn when they can anticipate what is happening next. As children move through developmental milestones they will need to practice skills at which they are successful. The variety of skill levels will vary greatly with any group of children, even those that are all the same chronological age. Only you know how long to stick with an activity for the benefit of the children in your care. Activities may change or be repeated. You may spend fewer or more minutes on a specific activity; the daily/weekly routine is a guide.
- Includes open - ended activities and materials that build a learning community in your program. When materials can be used in a variety of ways, more children benefit. Activities that allow for multi-ages and multi-skill levels will include more children. Older, or children with advanced skills will be models for younger children or those who haven’t yet attained the skill. Activities in this curriculum encourage children to work together, share, and be successful at their individual skill level.
- Encourages participation in two and three dimensional art, music, dramatic play, and creative movement. We provide the activities and many of the materials for you to expand learning and experiences around a theme or topic.
- Promotes multi-sensory experiences. Many opportunities are included in our activities that allow children to learn through touch, smell, taste, vision, and hearing. We know that children learn most when information is provided through all the senses.
- Invites exploration and discovery. The kits for fine motor and creative art include open - ended questions to promote thinking and problem solving. Teachers who model curiosity and wonder will help children reach new levels of development and deeper understanding of concepts.
Our Program Goals
- The curriculum will be based on current research and sound educational theories of early childhood learning and development.
- We will provide a wide range of hands-on, interactive materials allowing children to experiment and explore their surroundings.
- The activity and project suggestions provided in our curriculum kits are aligned with specific Learning Goals and Objectives.
- The program will encourage involvement of family members in each child’s learning.